Springtime Goat’s Cheese Salad
This salad has a delicious combination of flavours and makes a perfect lunch or light dinner solution. Even better its topped with croutons made from our Johnston Mooney and O’Brien Wholegrain Bread.
- 4 slices of Johnston Mooney and O’Brien Wholegrain Bread, cubed
- 2 nectarines, cored and halved
- 70ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 45g butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and black pepper
- 200g rocket
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat a grill pan to a medium-high heat and brush the cut side of the nectarines with a little bit of the oil. Place cut-side down on the grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
per side until charred and just tender. Slice into wedges.
- Melt the butter and honey in a large frying pan and add the bread cubes. Toss until
they are all coated and season with salt
- Cook for four minutes, without turning, until browned and crisp. Flip the croutons over and cook the other side for a few minutes until crispy (do this in two batches if the croutons don’t fit in one pan).
- Transfer to a bowl and add the rocket, red onion and nectarine slices. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the salad, tossing to combine. Serve with the goat cheese sprinkled over the top.