Mushroom & Goat’s Cheese Toastie
This gourmet toasted sandwich is layered with mushrooms, sun dried tomato pesto, spinach and goats cheese, all layered inside our Johnston Mooney and O’Brien Nutty Doorstep. This tasty lunch or brunch combination is sure to set your taste buds alive!
- 2 slices Johnston Mooney and O’Brien Nutty Doorstep
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 60g mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 30g goats cheese
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the goats cheese over one side of bread and the tomato pesto over another.
- Spoon the mushrooms over the goat’s cheese and top with the spinach leaves. Lay over the other side of bread so that the pesto faces in. Heat in the frying pan or in a sandwich press for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, flipping once if using the frying pan.