Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
A quick and easy lunch recipe for
those busy noons, keep it simple with
this Classic Egg Salad Sandwich recipe.
- 8 slices of Johnston Mooney & O’Brien Wholegrain bread
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Few dashes hot-pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce or watercress
- Bread or toast
- In a medium bowl, coarsely chop 8 peeled hard-cooked eggs.
- Add ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped celery, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and a few dashes of hot-pepper sauce (or more, if you like a spicier salad).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir gently to combine.
- Serve with greens – such as lettuce or watercress – on delicious Johnston Mooney & O’Brien Wholegrain bread.