Cajun Chicken Club Sandwich
Cajun torn chicken breast layered with rasher, salsa, avocado, lettuce, cheddar and red onion, all inside our Johnston Mooney and O’Brien 100% Wholemeal bread -to create our favourite cajun chicken sandwich hero!
- 3 slices Johnston Mooney and O’Brien 100% Wholemeal
- 1 bacon rasher
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 40g Cajun torn chicken breast
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 a ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Tomato slices
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Place the rasher in a frying pan and heat over a medium-high heat until it is crispy and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the salsa and chicken until warmed through. Set aside.
- Toast the three slices of bread. Spread one of the slices with the mayonnaise and top with lettuce, the chicken and salsa mixture and some Cheddar.
- Arrange the avocado slices over a second slice of bread and top with the tomato slices, red onion and the cooked rasher. Add this slice of bread to the other to make two layers. Top with the third slice, cut into triangles and serve.