Scrambled Egg with Chives
Classic scrambled eggs with chives on our delicious Johnston Mooney & O’Brien Nutty Doorsteps.
- Johnston Mooney & O’Brien Nutty Doorsteps
- 30g butter
- 4 large eggs
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in small saucepan over a moderate heat until it’s foaming. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the saucepan. Stir the eggs continuously with a spatula and cook until little pieces of cooked egg are surrounded by soft, smooth and still quite runny egg.
- The egg will continue to cook even when the heat is turned off, so undercook them slightly and leave them in the pan while you butter your toast.
- Season the eggs to taste and pour over the toast. Sprinkle a generous amount of chives and serve immediately.