A classic treat, poached eggs with creamed spinach and topped with hollandaise sauce on our tasty floury bap-makes a perfect Breakfast or brunch!
- Bundys Floury Bap, toasted & buttered
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, steamed
- 4 large eggs, poached
- 8 Slices of Pancetta or Bacon
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- Half tbsp cold water
- Half tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- For the hollandaise sauce, place 75g of butter into a small sauce pan and melt slowly over a gentle heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks into a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and beat until pale and thickened. Add the water, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper to the egg yolks and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add half of the remaining butter to the egg mixture in the bowl and stir for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and beat in the rest of the butter.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter, whisking constantly, until the sauce reaches the consistency of double cream. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Keep the sauce warm by resting the bowl in a pan of lukewarm water.
- Place the buttered & toasted floury bap onto a baking tray.
- Arrange the steamed spinach on top of the floury baps, top with the poached eggs and pour the hollandaise sauce over the top.
- Place the tray under the preheated grill for 1-2 minutes, or until the top if bubbling and just turned golden-brown.
- Transfer the eggs Florentine onto two serving plates and serve immediately.